You’ve got questions? I’ve got answers! Hopefully here’s a good list of answers for some of my most frequently asked questions 🙂
Local Classes (7)
This is a great question. First of all I would say – ANY class will work for you. We offer modifications at EVERY SINGLE CLASS so you can start with whatever class works best for your schedule and the instructor will make it work for you.
However, if you are just starting out in exercise some of the classes I might recommend would be the lower impact options. These would include our Barre or Strength and Tone classes. These classes will work your body but in a low impact way (ie: no jumping). Another class that is low impact but a little faster moving in terms of choreography would be a PiYo class.
My best suggestion though is, send me a message. Let me chat with you about your schedule, your goals, and we can make a plan that works best for you.
Sure! If your spouse wants to join you for a class, that is totally fine! If you have company in town – bring them on. If you want to have a friend try out a class with you – totally fine! Be sure that anyone coming to workout with us has gone on our website and “booked” the class. To do that they go to this website and get the FREE CLASS PASS. That way they have been prompted to fill out the waiver! Then they can go to the schedule tab and book whatever class they would like. Thanks so much for spreading the #specialkindofcrazy love.
If your referral signs up for a membership – be sure to let me know! You will get a $10 credit towards your next month as a way of saying THANK YOU!
COME ON IN GIRL! For real! All fitness levels are welcome. Seriously. Our instructors use their background in Group Exercise to make this class work for you. Before we start any more, instructors will give modifications to make it more challenging and modifications to lower the intensity. We want you to come and feel comfortable. Be so proud of yourself that you are there, sharing time with your kiddo and getting on the FIT track. Do.not.worry. Our instructors will work so hard to make this a comfortable experience for you!
If you’ve been working out a lot – don’t worry either! Our instructors have lots of ways to challenge and push you. (Well not literally push you – unless you are so tired that you need it! hahaha!)
Come on out and give it a try! We will make this class work for you.
Well I’m glad you asked! When you join – your fee gets you some extra goodies:
- You get your classes – which are gonna rock!
- You get over 20 full length meal plans. These meal plans give you a guide on how to start living a FIT life nutrition wise. They come with meal plans for all meals and snacks, recipes, and even your grocery list typed up for you.
- You get two FREE e-books. Each ebook is a 7 Day Virtual Boot Camp that comes with 6 full length workouts that can be done at home. This will give you some workout options for the days between our sessions together. They include strength training and cardio videos. It also comes with a workout calendar so you know what to do and when based on which day you are working out with me in class. One of the e-books features 30-45 minute workouts. The other e-book features an entire total body workout consisting of 10 minute workouts at a time (for our crazy busy weeks right?)
- You get access to over 50 at home workouts. I will use these workouts to help you plan a workout calendar for IN BETWEEN classes so you know exactly what to do at home to keep the results coming!
- You are added to our private Facebook group. We post announcements and pictures and all kinds of fun things in here each week. Instructors also share fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, and more motivation.
- I send out a weekly email with resources and freebies for you. These may include crock pot recipes, kid snack ideas, workouts for home and more!
- If you would like, I am more than happy to help you with a fitness assessment to help you plan and work towards your goals!
- We do tons of fun free events from seminars with nutritionist to play dates to girls’ night out. There is always something extra going on for that extra fun part of FITness!
- You get friends. You get accountability. You get results!
Well, we get our workout on! That’s what happens!!
But seriously…the exact workout varies depending on our location and style of the class. Check here for class descriptions so you can figure out exactly what is going on in class. If you have specific questions about the class or location, please feel free to contact me and I will answer them and give you a more detailed view of the workout there.
Side note: ALL FITness levels are welcome in any class. Instructors will give modifications to make it work for any level.
Well you need to bring your determination to get in an awesome workout. If you are attending a Mommy and Me class, then you’ll need your sense of humor and your flexibility because kiddos are present.
No matter what class you are taking, be sure to wear a great pair of athletic shoes and bring a bottle of of water for yourself. For workout gear you will want a mat. That is all that you have to bring. If you have resistance bands I would encourage you to bring that too. I will have extra bands on hand though so it isn’t necessary.
If you are attending a class with the kiddos, I would bring snacks and drinks for the kiddo. If they have a favorite toy feel free to bring that too. So what is necessary?
- water for you
- mat for you
- be sure you’ve booked your class so you have your waiver filled out!
Other things that are recommended?
- resistance bands
- favorite toy for kiddos who may be in a stroller during class
- hat/sun block for you and kiddo if attending an outside class
- possibly a light blanket (depending on season)
I am certified in Group Exercise and I have taken continuing education courses in perinatal (pre and postnatal) fitness. These courses furthered my studies of exercise for the pregnant and postpartum woman. However, I am not certified to pass out any specific medical advise! If you are pregnant during class, please let me know. I will encourage you to take the class at your own risk after consulting with your doctor. I will give PLENTY of modifications so you can make the class low impact for your current fitness level. Although the focus is not on prenatal fitness, the modifications should make it so you can continue to work with us. Please do so as you feel comfy!
Studies have shown that working out during pregnancy has multiple benefits for mom and baby. Benefits may include a less discomfort during pregnancy, more energy, and faster recovery. But again, chat with your doctor and always do what you are comfortable doing!
Kid Classes (5)
We try to be as family friendly as possible and honestly – we are comfortable with kids at most locations. However, the classes labeled Mommy and Me, are specifically located in areas that provide entertainment or are safe for kids to play. They are designed to be in a super safe environment with the things we need to keep kids happy.
However, if there is a class time that you need to attend and it isn’t labeled “Mommy and Me” feel free to message me and we can figure out if it would work for you. Some of these classes are suitable for kids – really just depends on the location. Feel free to message me and we’ll chat!
Children of all ages are welcome to join us. If your kiddo is tiny that is fine! Hopefully she will sleep peacefully in the stroller while you get an awesome workout. If you have a toddler – also great! I have toys to try and help entertain so you can work out. Older (non stroller riding) kiddos are welcome to join us too! Depending on the location I have outside toys, chalk, jump ropes, and more! Some of our locations are also beside playgrounds where children can play close enough that you can see them while you work out.
If you have further questions, contact me about the location where you will be attending. I can fill you in on the details of the environment in that specific place.
DON’T WORRY! We get it! This is a safe environment for you. If you need to take a minute and be wtih your kiddo – we encourage that. You can always stop and hug, place, rock, or dance with your little one then join right back in. We also have moms who pick their kiddos up and just keep on working out – adding in extra baby weight for their squats, lunges, and planks. This is your time and you use it the way that works best for you and your little ones. This is exactly why I created these classes, so that you can be with your baby and this time can be beneficial for everyone.
That is totally fine! You can bring more than one kiddo. The more the merrier my friend. You got this thing!
Of course! If there is a day that you can attend class without your child – feel free. We just want you to get that workout in! Come and get your sweat on.
Signing Up for Classes (7)
Life happens and sometimes you can’t make it to your “normal” class. I totally understand. The beauty of our system is that – you can come to any class anytime as long as you use your classes within those 4 weeks. So if you have some left over classes towards the end of your four weeks, (or know you are going on vacation etc), then feel free to stop in a class that does fit your schedule. I highly recommend booking the class to avoid coming to a class that is full.
We have moved to an automatic billing system so that you don’t have to keep signing up over and over. This means that when you sign up, that card will be billed on nothe same date each month for the same amount (ie if you sign up for Tier 1, then you will be charged for Tier 1 again the following month on the same date). You can cancel at anytime OR upgrade/downgrade at anytime. Just contact me if you’d like to do that so I can help you make sure your amounts are prorated.
This is to save you precious time! I’m excited to make your life just a bit easier!
Unfortunately no. At the end of the month your classes will start over again for the next month. Be sure to keep an eye on your account so you can see how many classes you have used and get them all in! Remember you can go to ANY class at ANY time!
*in extreme circumstances (ie sickness, injury, moving etc) please contact me. I will work with you to make this a pleasant experience and something that is financially feasible.
Absolutely! If you want to upgrade or change your package, just send me a message and I’ll walk you through the process so you get your current package pro-rated.
Of course (but I hope you don’t!) You can cancel at any time. Again, just send me a message and we’ll work out the details.
Check out our Sign Up Page. You need to select the Tier that is going to work best for you depending on how many times you may want to attend class each week. It is important to note that you do not have to commit to a specific class and/or time. If you select Tier Two for 8 classes/month and know you are going on vacation at the end of the month – feel free to take 4 classes in one week just to make up those passes. Flexibility is the key here.
If you have any questions about signing up, please contact me here!
Member Resources (5)
Included in your package pricing is access to TONS of workouts, meal plans, and other awesome resources! Let me help you make your healthy lifestyle SO MUCH easier!!
Boo on bad weather messing up our workout. You can check out our inclement weather policy too. Bad weather does happen….if the weather is questionable, I will send out a group text that will automatically go out to everyone who booked the class online. If you didn’t book the class but are thinking about coming, please check your email. I will make the call about class 1 hour prior to the start time. You can check your email and the group Facebook page for updates. As soon as I cancel the class I will send out the text, mass email and update on Facebook. Please know we don’t cancel often. I will hold class in a misty rain so put on your poncho and embrace it!
Several great options here!
1) I post fairly often over on my Facebook Page – so I’d love to have you follow along! We talk about what real life looks like – haha! I love to keep it real! Realistic. Practical. Determined. It truly is my life’s motto, folks! I post DAILY tips, challenges, and support. So be sure you are a member of that group. I also use that as a medium to post any information about upcoming classes.
2) The best way to keep up with new resources, workouts, and opportunities is to sign up directly for my weekly newsletter. I promise you I don’t bombard you with useless junk. Everything I put out comes directly from my heart and home! Each week I send out an email with resources and tips and I also send out an email each week with information on what we have coming up each week as a group (Ladies’ Nights Out, Play Dates, Seminars etc)
Of course! All of our instructors are certified in group exercise by a nationally accredited organization. Many of our instructors hold speciality certificates in classes like PiYo, Pilates, POP Pilates, Barre, PiYo, Turbo Kick, and Youth Fitness.
Laura is also a Certified Weight Management Consultant through American Fitness Professionals and Associates. She uses that certification to guide participants in nutrition information as well.
You can read more about each instructor and their specific certifications here: https://powerfullfitness.com/meet-our-instructors/
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for –
don’t hesitate to drop me a line!