Workout #2 in our mini series for losing lower belly pooch. This time we’re using plyometrics!
The Do Anywhere Scorch Calories, Tight and Tone Everything Plyo workout!
by Ginny Bolling, Personal Trainer, Certified Life Coach
I am often having to write workout plan for clients who travel for work, spend several days in hotels with limited time to get to a gym. So here is one of my favorite anytime anywhere plyo workouts that need no equipment but your own body and a clock or stopwatch. This can be made shorter by decreasing sets or number of seconds for each exercise. It can also be ramped up by adding sets or seconds for each! This is no joke so be warned, you will be challenged!
- Do each exercise back to back with the least possible amount of rest between and as fast as you can to get as many reps as possible for 20-45 seconds each
- Repeat as many rounds as you can up to 8.
(I try to get in 8 rounds of 45 seconds for each, which takes around 40-45 minutes!)
- Standing crunches: arms overhead, lift one knee up toward chest while bringing arms down elbows each side of knee squeezing abs, repeat opposite leg
- Jump lunges: jump into a lunge position, jump up and switch leg and land in opposite lunge
- Mountain climbers: plank straight arms, run in place bringing knees in to chest as far as possible
- Line hops: jump up and over an imaginary line on floor back and forth bringing feet up toward butt each jump
- Burpees: place hands on floor, jump into plank, jump back into squat, from bottom jump up as high as you can reaching arms overhead toward sky
- Sit ups: just basic sit ups as many as you can; can hold a weight to increase challenge