Ok I promise to take a break on the Greek yogurt recipes.
Remember these chocolate chip muffin minis?
Or these blueberry muffins?
Ok well let’s go for one a bit more indulgent! How about a chocolate chip cookie made with Greek yogurt? For those of you working on ways to add more FITness into your daily routine – consider this:
These have no butter and no eggs.
They do have a healthy dollop of Greek yogurt (aka protein) so boom! No I do not advise you eat all of them in one sitting…but indulging with one isn’t gonna hurt.
I feel obligated to warn you: they are a bit cake-y. So mine didn’t come out crisp but more like a chewy cake texture. That did not stop anyone in my family. The kiddos inhaled them. And if you have to pack a nut-free lunch box for school – this is a completely nut free cookie!
Here’s what you need: Oh I divide the following when I made mine b/c I wasn’t sure if we’d like them. Next time I’ll make the full batch.
- 2 1/2 cups of flour – I used whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 and prep your baking sheet. I cover mine with foil and spray with Pam.
- Now combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk ]the eggs and the sugars.
- Add to the sugar bowl your vanill and yogurt.
- Now slowly add that to the dry ingredients bowl.
- Throw in those chocolate chips
- Make balls about 1 tbsp or so on the baking sheet and bake for 9 – 11 minutes then remove and cool on a rack.
Voila! Yummy chocolate chip cookies you can add to your new favorites list!