Thanks to inspiration from a friend, I came up with this scrumptious, fast, and easy sauce that has become a regular part of our dinner schedule this Fall. I like serving it over spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs.
To make the sauce, you need:
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 can of coconut milk
- salt, and pepper
- vegetable broth is optional
Here’s what you do:
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and add your onion.
- Saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour in ⅔ of your can of coconut milk and all of the pumpkin.
- Stir until well combined and let simmer on low for 5 minutes.