Ok long story that I will share later, but I think a dairy-free diet may be in my future. Instead of whining about it like I wanna do (ok I did whine), I decided (after my pity party) to start looking for dairy free fun recipes. I tried this out yesterday and they are almost gone. My kids are loving them (especially Elli). I’ve been topping mine with natural pb for an afternoon snack. Elli likes hers with strawberry jelly. I figured them up in my MFP and each one has 160 calories. Less than some granola bars and totally clean.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp veggie oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
+ mix in (for mine I used 1 cup frozen blueberries but next time I may try chocolate chips!
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the bowl and form a hole in the middle.
- Mix oil, water and eggs together in a different bowl and then pour into the hole.
- Stir just until flour is moistened. Add fruit if using.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Mine took 15!
Makes 12 muffins – each muffin has
only 4 grams of sugar!!