Here’s another throwback of one of our favorites! Overnight Yogurt Parfaits. We’ve chatted overnight oats this month, so here’s a fun twist on those. Hope you enjoy 2015 Elli ❤️My heart.
I’m always on the look out for a new breakfast recipe that is quick and easy. I think I found a new one to add to our routine:
Now this was only a half success. Elli loved them but Jackson doesn’t like his food too cold so he wasn’t loving it (he doesn’t even really like ice cream). Now, I know people are doing these in jars but we didn’t have any jars so I found these cute little yogurt snack cups and it worked just fine.
Here is what you need:
- About 6 oz of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal or chia seeds for added umph!
- 2 tablespoons of any type of milk you have
- Added goodies (fruit, nuts, granola etc)
- Honey for added sweetener (optional)
Here is what you do:
- Mix your yogurt, flax seed, and milk together.
- Layer in the bottom of your container.
- Add a layer of frozen or fresh fruit (I used frozen)
- Then add another layer of yogurt.
- Drizzle a little honey on top and even cinnamon if you’d like.
You can really go crazy with this and use whatever toppings you’d like. We did blueberry and peach with honey today. I would like to try mango and strawberry with banana too.
I was able to make two containers of parfaits so that gives me two breakfasts for Elli this week. These last about 3 days in the fridge so go ahead and make several at one time and you are good to go!