This post is a throwback to 2015 and one of our favorite treats: apple cookies! Enjoy the recipe idea and the pictures of my littles! I can’t believe how fast time flies.
Ok when I see things on Pinterest I’m all like – “that would never work for me.” But my friend shared this recipe for Apple Cookies with me and I couldn’t resist. I just had to try it because:
- It involved apples and I love apples and so do my kids
- M&Ms – need I say more?
- Peanut butter – well again – need I say more?
These were so easy to make and my kids devoured them and begged for more. And really the options are endless.
Here’s what you need:
- small-medium apple
- nut butter
Here’s what you do:
- Slice the apple into circles cutting right through the core.
- Then cut a square around the piece of core on each slice to cut it out.
- Slather with your favorite nut butter.
- Add toppings.
What a great way to sneak in some goodness with a fiber packed apple and protein packed nut butter!
Other toppings might include:
- chocolate chips
- sprinkles (ok, that would just be fun!)
Hope you give these a whirl. I know stuff like this for me is always a hit or miss but let me tell you – this was a hit!
We’d love to hear your favorite snack ideas! Send them here!