Try this delicious cauliflower soup on a crisp autumn evening or enjoy chilled on a cool summer day!
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Remove the leaves from 1 head cauliflower and break up the head into florets.
- Toss them with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp red pepper flakes, and 2 tsp salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sauté 1 small onion, 2 chopped carrots, and 2 chopped celery stalks in 1 ½ Tbsp ghee or butter for 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups chicken of vegetable broth and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add roasted cauliflower and puree until smooth either with an immersion blender or in a standing blender.
This recipe is fantastic plain or with kimchee, croutons, or peas added in.